Basic Geometric Road Design Workshop
The Australian Road Research Board 'Basic Geometric Road Design' will take place in Adelaide between the 10th -11th March 2020.
The purpose of this two day workshop is to provide an understanding of basic geometric road design. This also includes considerations of, the Safe System approach to road safety, extended design domain and whole-of-life costs.
Good road design will achieve operational efficiency, be safe and cost-effective, be aesthetically pleasing, and minimise the environmental impact. The role of the road designer is to produce the most appropriate design that achieves the specified functionality using the design inputs from all relevant disciplines.
- Develop a basic understanding of the fundamentals in geometric road design
- Consider key engineering aspects that relate to a road design project
- Apply the knowledge gained through various design exercises to confirm understanding
- Analyse and re-design existing rural roads to achieve a safe, cost-efficient design that considers whole-of-life costs
- Course mainly refers to Austroads (2016) Guide to Road Design Part 3: Geometric Design
To download the brochure please click here.