Commercial Vehicle Safety Conference: Presentations now available
Story from the Road Safety Knowledge Centre.
This conference, organised primarily for commercial fleet operators, comprised 15 presentations covering a wide range of topics including:
- Using enforcement to achieve compliance
- Managing transport safety to reduce risk
- The health & wellbeing of older professional drivers
- The dangers of defective and illegal tyres
- Using technology to achieve fleet compliance
- Fatigue management
- The Driving for Better Business programme
- Cameras, evidence and the future
- Encouraging safe road sharing
- Driving Recklessly on Pavements (DRoPS)
- The DVSA Earned Recognition Programme
- Impairment by drugs & alcohol
The presenters included representatives from Highways England, North West Motorway Police Group, HSE, Manchester Business School, TyreSafe, British Tyre Manufacturers Association, AECOM, DVSA and the fleet operators Speedy Services, CEMEX UK and Biffa.
The presentations and more information are available for download from the conference website.