Case studies at Challenge Bibendum
Adrian Walsh, director RoadSafe co-chaired a workshop at Challenge Bibendum together with Ken Shaw, former fleet safety expert from BP, RoadSafe advisor and author of many good practice guides including FleetSafe .
The workshop brought together leading academics and practitioners from across the world to consider the costs of road accidents which represent a significant obstacle for the removal of poverty in developing and emerging countries. It considered case studies from the Driving for Better Business campaign.
The one day event which was part of the safety theme at Challenge Bibendum considered:
- The business case, public-private partnerships
- Assessment programs for cars, infrastructure, road users, and administration
- Driver training and certification programs / School programes
- Reducing road fatalities: fighting poverty
- Towards zero work related traffic fatalities: a competitive lever Safe driving and eco-driving: a synergic saving
Published: 17 May 2011