Be Part of the Safety Solution!
Join the Health and Safety Executive’s Pledge Strategy.
We believe that it is right to encourage business leaders to see health and safety as core elements of their management processes and to draw attention to the importance of leadership and proportionate risk management in driving for work.
Driving for Better Business highlights the business benefits of effective management of work related driving. These include the safety of business people who drive at work.
Businesses which sign the Pledge:
- Agree to play their part in reducing the numbers of work-related deaths, injuries and ill-health in Great Britain.
- Put health and safety at the heart of what they do and to take a common sense approach to health and safety.
- Commit to debunking myths around health and safety that trivialise the impact of injuries, ill health and deaths on individuals and their families.
- Recognise the importance of health and safety in difficult economic times and the dangers of complacency.
- Pledge to work with the Health and Safety Executive and its partners to Be Part of the Solution.
We encourage the members of our network and our Business Champions to sign up to the Health and Safety Executive Pledge.
We ask them to go beyond this and to take the opportunity to join the Pledge Forum.
Our Business Champions can do this by submitting a précis of their Driving for Better Business Case Study.
The Forum is designed to allow organisations to share ideas and best practice, ask questions, access information and show others what work they have been doing. Businesses are encouraged to provide a short case study on what they have achieved related to the HSE strategy or on their plans to work towards the strategy goals.
"We believe this strategy represents a clear statement of core principles and a sensible approach to health and safety in Great Britain. Whilst the economic climate is difficult and the temptation for some may be to cut corners, HSE, its partners and businesses must resolve to continue to strive to improve health and safety performance. Good health and safety is good business."
Judith Hackitt - HSE Chair
Related news, events and information
27 February 2018 – Highways England has announced the finalists in their first Health, Safety and Wellbeing Awards and we are...
1 November 2017 – McLaren Automotive, the world-renowned British sports and supercar maker, is the latest organisation to join...
15 May 2017 – Story from RoadSafety GB. Following a successful pilot, Road Safety GB Academy has unveiled a new course...
16 May 2018 – Driving for Better Business has launched a new web site with free resources available for employers and road...