Nestle receives Royal Award
Prince Michael’s judging committee commented that the Nestlé program was a ‘Very impressive and one of the highest standards seen in international corporations’.
They also suggested that it is: ‘an outstanding example to other businesses’.
The Nestlé road safety initiative, which is now in its 10th year, is focused on:
• Road safety committee, key process indicators and fleet safety tool kit developed for countries and business units entering the program.
• Driver, vehicle and journey safety built into Safety, Health & Environmental (SHE) Standard.
• Online driver risk assessment, monitoring and improvement process embedded across 40,000+ drivers in 70+ countries and 35+ languages.
• Standards developed for supplier fleets, with increasing focus on emerging regions.
• Industry leadership through good practice sharing initiatives.
The Award was received on behalf of Nestlé by Head of Group Risk Services, SHE Project Manager and UK Group Safety Advisor at the showpiece event, attended by about four hundred of the leading road safety professionals from the UK and around the globe.
Related news, events and information
18 November 2015 – HRH Prince Michael of Kent GCVO awarded the Network of Employers for Traffic Safety (NETS), a global NGO, the...
4 October 2017 – The Brake Fleet Safety Awards saw a number of Driving for Better Business Champions receive recognition for the...
23 November 2016 – Brake is inviting bookings from fleet operators and suppliers to attend its 2017 Fleet Safety conference, which...
15 July 2016 – Cogent Breeding Ltd has become the latest Business Champion recruit to the Driving for Better Business...