Nottinghamshire Driving for Better Business Seminar
The Nottinghamshire Driving for Better Business Seminar is a major local event aimed at businesses of all sizes who operate in Nottingham and Nottinghamshire.
It will take place at the Nottingham Conference Centre attached to Nottingham Trent University on Tuesday the 16th June from 9am - 4pm.
Of special interest to fleet managers, health and safety professionals, company directors and business owners, this seminar aims to demonstrate the business case for managing occupational road risk through the use of case studies from business champions including Centrica and Balfour Beatty.
Speakers will demonstrate the financial and social benefits of following a research based systems approach to managing occupational road risk. The seminar also promotes local expertise and suppliers that can help companies to manage occupational road risk, reducing associated costs and provide safety, environmental and economic benefits to the city and county.
The the keynote speaker will be Professor David Crundall, a local expert in driver cognition, who will be speaking about hazard perception.
This Seminar is being sponsored by Driving for Better Business champion Mitie and Interactive Driving Systems and is supported by the Nottinghamshire Road Safety Partnership which consists of Nottingham City Council, Nottinghamshire County Council, Nottinghamshire Police, Nottinghamshire Fire Service, Highways Agency, East Midlands Ambulance Service and Public Health. As such this is a major local event for business and fleet managers that is not to be missed.
Delegate places for the day are strictly limited and are priced at a very reasonable £85 +VAT.
This includes the full day seminar including refreshments and lunch. Discounted parking is available on the day for all delegates courtesy of Q Parks located on Talbot Street, a 1 minute walk from the venue.
The full speaker line up for the day (subject to change) is:
- Melvyn Hodgett - Driving for Better Business - Introduction
- Jonathan York - Centrice - Business Case Study
- Dr Will Murray - Interactive Driving Systems - How to use Data Effectively
- Professor David Crundall - NTU - Hazard Perception
- Robert Lyndsay - Balfour Beatty - Business Case Study
- Rory Morgan - Iron Mountain - Business Case Study
- Andy Price - Zurich - The Insurance Benefits of MORR
- Martin Kadhim - Lightfoot - A Fleet Risk Solution
Other activities include:
- Trade stands from local and national suppliers of fleet risk services
- Free vehicle checks
- A driving simulator
- An interactive session on driver distraction
- An interactive display by the Nottinghamshire Road Safety Partnership
For more information on the savings that your business can make please click here.
Related news, events and information
4 May 2016 – Drivers holding a hands-free mobile telephone conversation faced the same risks as those posed by...
4 October 2017 – The Brake Fleet Safety Awards saw a number of Driving for Better Business Champions receive recognition for the...