UN Global Road Safety Week, Monday 23rd April 2007 One Great George Street, Westminster, London, SW1P 3AA
Every 6 seconds someone is killed or maimed on the world’s roads
All road safety professionals are invited to join RoadSafe at this free event on Monday 23rd April 2007 in support of UN Global Road Safety Week.
Key speakers at this important conference on the first day of the UN Global Road Safety Week include:
- Max Mosley, President of the Federation Internationale de l’Automobile (FIA)
- Lord Robertson of Port Ellen, Chairman, Commission for Global Road Safety
- Rt Hon Douglas Alexander MP, UK Secretary of State for Transport
- HRH Prince Michael of Kent GCVO, Patron of the Commission for Global Road Safety
- Tony Bliss, Lead Road Safety Specialist, World Bank
- Fiona Seymour, Head of Publicity, THINK! Campaign, UK Department for Transport
In addition to international issues, topics will include young drivers.
“Road deaths are an obstacle to our efforts to overcome poverty”
Archbishop Desmond Tutu
“Five hundred children are dying every day and thousands more are injured. The UN must take action for road safety in 2007”
“To make poverty history we must Make Roads Safe”
Lord Robertson of Port Ellen
Attend this free event to show your support for UN Global Road Safety Week.
To register for this free event being organised by The FIA Foundation please email Jane Pearce at: email@example.com
Join the Make Roads Safe campaign in 2007 to demand action by the international community. www.makeroadssafe.org