BVRLA publishes new driving at work guide
The British Vehicle Rental and Leasing Association (BVRLA) has launched its revised ‘Guide to Driving at Work’, which the organisation says should be read by everyone who is involved with driving on business.
The online reference manual offers advice on how to put together a corporate driving at work policy that, if followed, will demonstrate that businesses taken all reasonable steps to protect their employees and other road users.
Endorsed by HRH Prince Michael of Kent, patron of Roadsafe, and reviewed by legal experts at Eversheds, the new guide includes:
- Revised and updated sections on the vehicle, the driver and the journey which take into account recent legislative and technological developments
- Practical case studies that demonstrate the business benefits of implementing some of the recommendations in the guide
- Information on telematics, monitoring devices and other technical solutions which may assist in safer driving and reducing accident costs
- Advice on towing, vehicle loading and equipment - added to help LCV operators
- A section on grey fleet, which covers employees using their own vehicles and highlights the potential extra cost to business
The guide can be downloaded from the BVRLA at www.bvrla.co.uk
Related news, events and information
10 January 2018 – Stroy from Driving for Better Business Many employers still don't fully realise how much their bottom line can...