Alcohol and drugs
- The number of drivers who are ‘over the limit’ or whose judgement is impaired is rising.
- Many people do not realise the effects of prescribed drugs on their ability to drive.
- Few drivers understand what a unit of alcohol is.
- Few fully understand the morning after effect.
- Encourages and supports the police and other agencies to quantify the problem and develop counter measures.
- Promotes campaigns to increase public understanding of the effects of both prescribed and illegal drugs.
- Works with the Drink Aware Trust and other agencies to gain a better understanding of the lasting effects of alcohol absorption rates and the ‘morning after effect’.
Drinkaware: drink driving facts.
Think! Drug Driving
Think! Drink Driving