Award for Driving for Better Business
We are delighted to report that Driving for Better Business has been recognised in this year's Highways England Awards.
The Highways England Awards are designed to recognise people in both the company and its supply chain who have contributed notable improvements in the safety, customer experience and delivery of the network. They set the bar of expectation for those working for and with the company through a single, high profile event that celebrates individuals, teams, projects and companies who have committed to innovate and improve our business.
Driving for Better Business has won the Chairman’s Award – Excellence in safety Improving health and safety requires collaboration, communication and commitment to create significant change. This Special Award recognises the company, project, team or individual that has shown substantial improvement in health and safety through proactive, focussed efforts.
Key considerations for this award included:
- Performance outcomes that go beyond accident frequency rates
- Improvements that have been industry-leading, with clear benefits and evidence of how the improvements have been implemented
- Targeted interventions to demonstrate continuous improvement delivering performance improvements
- Learning outcomes and the potential to share that learning
- Demonstrable improvements made to safety culture and performance
- Delivery of innovative products, methods or services that improve workplace health and safety
- Demonstrating how health and safety improvements are driven through effective collaborative relationships
First launched by RoadSafe, Driving for Better Business is a government-backed programme delivered in partnership with Highways England to help employers in both the private and public sectors reduce work-related road risk, decrease the associated costs and improve compliance with current legislation and guidance.