Trondheim City Centre
The 49th CIECA General Assembly and Congress will take place in Trondheim, Norway, on Wednesday 8th and Thursday 9th of June 2017. The General Assembly and Congress, hosted by the Norwegian Public Roads Administration and the NORD University, will be held in the Royal Garden Hotel which is situated in the Trondheim City Centre.
To become a safe, eco-friendly and responsible driver it is necessary to develop not only driving skills, but also personality related competencies through an appropriate educational process.
The content of the educational programmes followed by the instructor as well as the examiner, together with their qualifications will be the core elements influencing the result of this process.However, there are still many questions to be explored about these issues, and abstracts are invited from potential speakers to review questions such as:However, there are still many questions to be explored about these issues, and abstracts are invited from potential speakers to review questions such as:
- What future challenges might driving instructor and examiners face and how can these be met?
- How can driving instructors and examiners contribute to the achievement of the learning objectives in a high standard curriculum like indicated in the RUE report?
- How can we ensure that all parts involved in the driver education process collaborate and aim towards common safety goals?
- How can driving instructors and laymen get candidates to understand the level of driving competence requested to pass the test before they arrive to the test?
Please note that the deadline for the submission of the abstracts is 7 December 2016. Information on the submission guidelines can be found here.
How do we reach Vision Zero in the light of UN’s Sustainable Development Goals? The aim of the Vision Zero Conference is to provide new impetus to the promotion of road transport safety at the strategic level.
The main focus will be on best practice, innovation and future challenges.
The Vision Zero Conference's different sessions will include:
- Vision Zero around the world/UN's Sustainable Development Goals
- 20 years with Vision Zero
- Livable Cities
- New Technology and Innovation
- Role of Humans and Organisation from a Vision Zero perspective
For more information please click here.
University of Birmingham
Organised by the University of Birmingham in association with the International Road Federation (IRF) in Geneva, this intensive training course consists of four linked, 3-day, intensive residential courses delivered by experts of international repute.
Specially tailored to senior road executives from emerging economies and developing countries, the course has been designed to disseminate, in an interactive way, recent cutting edge advances in sustainable roads. Participants attending the full course will qualify for the prestigious IRF Certificate of Sustainable Roads Management.
For further information please click here.
Radisson Blu Hotel Manchester Airport
This year’s TISPOL Conference will take place between the 3rd and the 4th October. It will offer a fantastic opportunity to hear some of the latest thinking in the field of casualty reduction, deterrent, post-collision response, enforcement and protection of vulnerable road users.
It will also provide an excellent opportunity to network with police officers, policymakers, practitioners and equipment manufacturers from far and wide.
For more information on the delegate package please click here .
For more information on the exhibitor package please click here.