Latest Annual Report from Global NCAP
The latest Annual Report from Global NCAP highlights the significant collaborative progress being made by NCAPs worldwide.
Global NCAP itself continues to extend its work with a series of new initiatives and campaigns promoting safer vehicles in support of the current UN Decade of Action for Road Safety.
Global NCAP’s main activities in 2014 included:
- the first results of the Safer Cars for India campaign
- more five star ratings by ASEAN and Latin NCAP
- the launch of a new fleet safety guide
- becoming a partner of the Bloomberg Initiative for Global Road Safety
- and an impressive Annual Meeting attended by all NCAPs and hosted by CNCAP at the China Automotive Technology and Research Centre (CATARC) in Tianjin.
Max Mosley, Global NCAPs Chairman said:
“Global NCAP’s progress has only been possible through the strong support of our associated NCAPs, our technical partner, the Allgemeiner Deutscher Automobil-Club e.V (ADAC), our own management team, and, of course, our donors. We are especially grateful to the FIA Foundation for its generous multi-annual grant and delighted that Bloomberg Philanthropies will be joining as a major donor in 2015.
“This very welcome support comes at a vital time for Global NCAP as we intensify our efforts to contribute to the UN’s ambitious Global Goals of the Decade and ensure that all new passenger cars meet the most important UN safety standards at the latest by 2020.”