New Video with advice on fatigue
GEM Motoring Assist, has launched a new video advising drivers on how to avoid the dangers of fatigue.
The three minute video has been specially created as part of GEM’s ongoing campaign to raise awareness of road safety issues throughout the UK. With research showing that drivers are most tired between 3am - 5am and also 2pm - 4pm, with an increase in fatigue-related crashes reported during these times, the video encourages drivers to recognise and avoid the dangers of fatigue.
The video which can be viewed here includes the following tips for long journeys:
- Get plenty of rest before you set off
- Avoid alcohol before any journey – even a small amount can make you more tired
- Take regular and proper breaks – the Highway Code recommends a 15 minute break for every two hours of driving
- Caffeinated drinks can help boost energy but, remember, they take 20 minutes to have an effect
- Avoid heavy meals before and during journeys, especially at lunch time, as they can increase the feeling of fatigue
- If you can, share long journeys with another driver – alternating driving and resting
- If necessary, schedule an overnight stop for really long drives
Related news, events and information
26 July 2017 – Story from Fleet News Edriving has launched One More Second, a two-hour online course to train, educate and...
1 November 2017 – Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) technology is proven to reduce collisions and costs, yet take up of...