Driving for Better Business Champions win at Fleet Safety Awards
The Brake Fleet Safety Awards saw a number of Driving for Better Business Champions receive recognition for the excellent work they’ve done.
Company Driver Safety Award
For the organisation that has implemented initiatives that do most to promote and achieve safer driving among employees.
- British Gas, Winner in the large fleet category
- Skanska, Shortlisted and ‘Highly Commended’ in the large fleet category
- Gateshead Council, Shortlisted and ‘Highly Commended’ in the medium fleet category
- Iron Mountain, Shortlisted in the small fleet category
Eco Fleet Award
For the organisation that has done the most to improve safety and the environment by introducing green initiatives, such as innovative travel plans, scheduling, greener fuel and vehicles, and fuel efficient driving.
- Gateshead Council, Winner
Dr Will Murray Award for Analysis and Action
For the organisation that has implemented the most effective procedures for carrying out risk assessments, crash data analysis, and using the data to introduce tailored interventions.
- Balfour Beatty, Shortlisted and ‘Highly Commended’
- Iron Mountain, Shortlisted
- Royal Mail Group, Shortlisted
Fleet Safety Partnership Award
For the partnership of a fleet service provider or operator with another organisation that has delivered the most outstanding results to improve fleet safety.
- British Gas, Winner
- Johnson & Johnson and AIP, Shortlisted
- Fleet Safety Product Award
- British Gas, Shortlisted
Global Road Safety Award
For the organisation that has worked hardest to improve road safety for all road users in the communities it works in around the world. This organisation will have road safety at the heart of its corporate social responsibility ethos.
- Johnson & Johnson, Winner
- Iron Mountain, Shortlisted and ‘Highly Commended’
Safe Vehicles Award
For the organisation that has done the most to improve the safety of its vehicles, for instance through comprehensive and effective checking and maintenance procedures, vehicles specification and modification, and use of technology.
- Skanska, Shortlisted and ‘Highly Commended’
Road Risk Manager of the Year Award
For the risk or fleet manager who has implemented exemplary road risk management policies with proven results.
- Rory Morgan, Iron Mountain, Winner
- Mark Bromhall, Royal Mail Group, Shortlisted and ‘Highly Commended’
- Robert Lindsay, Balfour Beatty, Shortlisted
- Alison Moriarty, Skanska, Shortlisted
Related news, events and information
31 October 2017 – The European Transport Safety Council (ETSC) has announced the 2017 winners of the PRAISE awards, in...
28 March 2018 – The PRAISE Awards 2018 are now open for applications. Previous winners of these awards include Johnson &...
19 October 2016 – The European Transport Safety Council (ETSC) has announced the 2016 winners of the PRAISE awards, recognising...
18 March 2018 – The winners and finalists for the Fleet News Awards 2018 have been announced. Categories, amongst others,...
13 July 2016 – The winners of the country's two most prestigious occupational fleet safety awards have been announced by...
24 January 2018 – Arval and Iron Mountain are two of Driving for Better Business's longest standing business champions, having...
19 April 2018 – The European Transport Safety Council (ETSC), together with MiX Telematics, are organising a seminar on...
21 March 2018 – Story from the National Road Safety Partnership Programme. With road crashes representing the most common form...