Scholarship to Save Lives and Reduce Injuries
BNFL has endowed RoSPA with a special fund to finance a scholarship scheme over the next ten years to enable students; 'to carry out research into safety and accident prevention that will produce defined, practical and influential outcomes to help save lives and prevent injuries.'
Applications are invited for the 2010 Scholarship Awards.
Applications are invited for projects up to £20,000 per annum addressing key safety themes.
The Road Safety theme is ‘To improve standards of driving behaviour’ (particularly young drivers, older drivers, speeding, fatigue related accidents, motorcycle safety).
RoSPA would be particularly interested in research projects on the following:
- International comparison of insurance schemes for young novice drivers
- Behavioural adaption to modern active safety vehicle technologies
- How do small and micro businesses manage work related road safety and what help do they want?
- Systematic or literature reviews on road safety topics
- How can parents be encouraged to take an active role in their children’s driver training?
- The response of family members and sources of advice when concerned about the driving standards of elderly relatives
- Understanding individual’s driving/riding goals and motives.
The closing date for applications is 2nd April 2010 and the winners will be announced at the RoSPA awards dinner in May 2010.
For details of how to submit an application click here, or if you have any queries about the scheme, please contact Roger Bibbings
Tel: 0121 248 2095
Related news, events and information
17 January 2017 – The nomination process for the 2017 FirstCar Young Driver Road Safety Awards has now opened, with entries...
9 November 2017 – The FirstCar Young Driver Road Safety Awards have been launched, rewarding excellence in the road safety...