Young Drivers - Results of Pre-17 Driver Training
The Under 17 Car Club enables under age drivers to practise and improve their driving skills legally and safely, in a variety of different vehicles, under properly supervised conditions, and to take an active interest in cars and motorsport, and ultimately to produce safer young drivers on our roads at age 17 and beyond.
A recent survey has shown The Under 17 Car Club members are:
- Less than half as likely to have an accident in their first year of driving:
- Have one accident per 17½ driving years;
- 80% to 90% likely to pass their Driving Test at the first attempt (varies with time spent at the Club)
- Convicted of a driving offence once per 52½ driving years;
- In the case of young male drivers, over 6 times less likely to have a motoring conviction. This is the first detailed study into the driving behaviour of novice drivers - all ex-Under 17 Car Club members who have reached 17, left the Club and started driving on the public roads.
There are currently about 300 members and the Club is open to anyone - waiting list permitting - who is tall enough to drive and is between the ages of 12 years and 15 years during the year of joining.
This means youngsters can join when they are 11, provided their 12th birthday occurs during their first season but once they have had their 15th birthday they are too old.
The fees for the 2007 season have been set at £160 for one child or £240 for two or more. There is an additional one time only joining fee per family of £50.
ALL VENUES ARE FREE OF CHARGE TO MEMBERS. What about insurance? - THIS IS AN OWN RISK CLUB.
We all bring our own cars and families entirely at our own risk.
For more information, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 07850 468547
Related news, events and information
25 January 2017 – Story from Fleet News. Nearly a quarter (23%) of young drivers have had an accident or near miss in the last...
2 November 2016 – Story from Fleet News. The Department for Transport is trialing the addition of drug driving education to the...
25 January 2017 – A new Drug Driving Map of Britain has been created, highlighting the areas that are most affected by drug...