BT friends and family safe driving program
This week is Road Safety Week. To co-incide with this, Driving for Better Business champion British Telecommunications has re-launched its Family and Friends Road Safety program, confirming its committment to community road safety.
It is asking all its people to take road safety home with them, and to engage their family in driving safely at all times.
The BT Friends and Family Safe Driving program entitled One More Second, is asking family members and friends as well as employees the following questions:
- Do they have a valid driving licence?
- Have they read the Highway Code recently?
- Do they drive carefully at all times?
- Is the vehicle they drive road worthy and legal (insurance, tax, certificates, etc)?
- What can you do to help your family and community members be safer on the road?
- What things have you learnt at work that is useful for safe driving in your day to day home life?
- Have they undertaken any driver assessment or training since passing their test?
- Do you feel safe while travelling with them?
- How will their driving affect you own personal insurance premium and resale value of your vehicle?
- How good is their use of mirrors, brakes, signals, steering, clutch, gears, speed, safety space, vehicle positioning and road junctions?
- How safe are their parking, manoeuvring, following and hazard perception techniques?
For more information please click here.
Related news, events and information
BT embraces European Road Safety Day and Road Safety Week 2008
22 October 2008 – www.virtualriskmanager.net BT embraces European Road Safety Day and Road Safety Week 2008 and encourages...
BT relaunches family and friends road safety programme
28 November 2008 – British Telecom has reaffirmed its commitment to community road safety with the relaunch of its 'family and...
BT re-launches commitment to friends and family safe driving programme
13 October 2009 – BT has reaffirmed its commitment to community road safety by re-launching its Family and Friends Road Safety...
BT Launches Worlds largest Friends and Family Safe Driving Programme
1 November 2006 – As part of its Starting Point safe driving program, British Telecom has in the last fortnight made the...
Ask your children for criticism this Christmas
17 December 2010 – Encouraging children to assess your skill and behaviour behind the wheel may sound like asking for trouble, but...
ROSPA focuses on learner drivers in Family Safety Week
26 March 2014 – The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents has launched a new version of its special website for parents...
Wolseley champions National Road Safety Week 2008
31 October 2008 – Wolseley, one of the Driving for Better Business Champions, is again embracing community initiatives during...
Hermes' delivers £1m saving to earn 'Business Champion' safe-driving status from Government-backed campaign
28 April 2010 – Europe's leading home delivery company, Hermes, is in the vanguard of cutting road deaths and injuries after...
Interactive Driving Systems: Tips for eco-safe driving
17 August 2010 – Minimising vehicle use is the best way to save fuel and improve road safety, but for the times when a journey...