PACTS conference: Post crash reponse
The PACTS conference Post Crash Response will take place on the 17th October at the Royal College of Anaesthetists.
It will provide an opportunity to hear from a wide range of experts and share your insights on how road deaths can be reduced through improved post-crash response. This conference will feature practitioners, politicians, researchers, and victims' organisations involved in specifying and delivering these vital services:
- The political and policy framework
- Understanding and challenging institutional constraints
- Emergency services – current practice, evidence base and innovation
- Multi-skilling of frontline staff
- Speed of response v specialist care – finding the optimum
- Learning from other European countries – ETSC’s REVIVE project
- Forensic collision investigation – where next?
- Co-ordinating responders, gathering evidence and minimising traffic delays on the SRN
- Technology – e-call, telematics and EDR Data
- Support for victims’ families and their contribution to road safety
- Dr Raed Arafat, Secretary of State and Head of Department of Emergency Situations, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Romania (invited)
- Prof Tim Nutbeam, Consultant in Emergency Medicine, University Hospitals Plymouth
- Jim Fitzpatrick MP, former Road Safety Minister
- Sophie Ogunbiyi, Manager of External Affairs, Toyota
- Alison Hernandez, Road Safety Lead, Association of Police and Crime Commissioners
- Stephen Bird, Senior Advisor, Incident Management Requirements, Highways England
- Detective Superintendent Andrew Cox, Metropolitan Police
- Tony Crook, National Fire Chiefs' Council
- Jeannot Mersch, President, European Federation of Road Traffic Victims
- Jenny DiFabio, National Lead for Roads Policing Family Liaison Officers
- Mary Williams OBE, Chief Executive, Brake
- Elizabeth Box, Head of Research, RAC Foundation
- Frances Senior, Forensic Collision Investigation Capability Manager, NPCC
- Nick Simmons, Chief Executive, RoadPeace
- Chief Superintendent Colin Wingrove, Metropolitan Police
- Jonathan Stubbs, Chair, Institute of Traffic Accident Investigators
For more information please click here.
Related news, events and information
18 July 2019 – The PACTS Conference Post Crash Response, will take place on the 17th October at the Royal College of...
22 November 2019 – The Safe System approach to road safety aims to minimise road deaths and life-changing injuries rather than to...
13 February 2017 – PACTS is holding a major conference, supported by Highways England, to explore how road traffic collision...
8 August 2019 – Story from the Transport Research Laboratory. The Institute of Traffic Accident Investigators crash test days...
20 August 2010 – DELEGATE bookings remain open for TISPOL's annual conference Speakers include: Jimmy Campbell, Chief of...
29 June 2016 – The TISPOL Road Safety Conference takes place at the Radisson Blu Hotel, Manchester Airport, on Tuesday 4th and...
6 October 2020 – It is 25 years ago this year since a day dedicated to remembering road traffic victims began to be observed...
29 October 2019 – The World Day of Remembrance for Road Traffic Victims (WDR) is observed on the third Sunday of November each...
14 March 2020 – New PACTS report highlights the need for better evidence. Noting that almost a third (31%) of the people who...