BT friends and family safe driving program
This week is Road Safety Week. To co-incide with this, Driving for Better Business champion British Telecommunications has re-launched its Family and Friends Road Safety program, confirming its committment to community road safety.
It is asking all its people to take road safety home with them, and to engage their family in driving safely at all times.
The BT Friends and Family Safe Driving program entitled One More Second, is asking family members and friends as well as employees the following questions:
- Do they have a valid driving licence?
- Have they read the Highway Code recently?
- Do they drive carefully at all times?
- Is the vehicle they drive road worthy and legal (insurance, tax, certificates, etc)?
- What can you do to help your family and community members be safer on the road?
- What things have you learnt at work that is useful for safe driving in your day to day home life?
- Have they undertaken any driver assessment or training since passing their test?
- Do you feel safe while travelling with them?
- How will their driving affect you own personal insurance premium and resale value of your vehicle?
- How good is their use of mirrors, brakes, signals, steering, clutch, gears, speed, safety space, vehicle positioning and road junctions?
- How safe are their parking, manoeuvring, following and hazard perception techniques?
For more information please click here.
Related news, events and information
17 January 2017 – Insure The Box, global pioneers of telematics-based car insurance, is urging young drivers to take extra care...
16 February 2016 – RoSPA has launched a new website to help older people adapt to changes in their driving, and help them stay...
19 April 2017 – We welcome the changes being made to the car driving test which will become effective from Monday 4th December...
4 May 2016 – Story from Road Safety GB. The report, 'Prioritising the Safety Potential of Automated Driving in Europe', was...
7 September 2016 – The Alliance Advocate training give representatives from 15 countries the opportunity to grow their expertise...
15 July 2016 – Story from Fleet News. Changes to the driving test will better reflect real-life driving, says the Driver and...
17 August 2016 – The Network of Employers for Traffic Safety (NETS) has launched a free comprehensive free to use online toolkit...