PACTS conference - Street Legal: new ways to safe and compliant road use.
This PACTS conference will take place on Wednesday, 28th March 2018, 9.30am - 4.30pm at the QEII Centre, Westminster.
Deterring illegal or dangerous road use is vital to road safety. Detecting one offence can deter others. This conference will show how the government, police, technology, insurance and road safety sectors can work together to reduce casualties, fraud, lost revenue and more.
Themes will include:
- Uninsured driving
- Fraudulent insurance claims; whiplash
- Unlicensed drivers and untaxed or uninsured vehicles
- Telematics data
- Professional driver hours
- Health and Safety at work regulations
- Vehicle safety – tyres, brakes, loading etc
- Speed, mobile phones, drink/drug driving, seatbelts
- Roads policing
- Citizen reporting – Dashcams, helmet cams etc
- Enforcement technology – cameras, etc
- Home Office Type Approval
- Educational alternatives to fines
- Conference Chair: Nick Ross, TV presenter and road safety campaigner
- Chief Constable Anthony Bangham, NPCC lead on roads policing
- Ashton West, Chief Executive, Motor Insurers’ Bureau
- Martin Surl, Police and Crime Commisioner for Gloucestershire
- Jamie Hassall, Team Leader, Highways England
- Robert Lee, Motor and Technical Specialisms Lead, Technical Claims, Aviva
- Chris Hale, Director, IPSOS MORI
- Geoff Collins, Chair, ITS (UK) Enforcement Group
- Dave Baldwin, Head of Insight, Thatcham Research
- Sarah Vaughan, Head of Pricing, Insure the Box
For more information please click here.
Related news, events and information
31 January 2018 – This PACTS conference will take place on Wednesday, 28th March 2018, 9.30am - 4.30pm at the QEII Centre,...
4 July 2016 – The recommendations are made by the Older Drivers Task Force which today publishes Supporting Safe Driving into...
18 May 2016 – Story from FleetWorld The Queen's Speech has announced plans on insuring autonomous cars to pave the way for...
25 January 2017 – Story from Road Safety GB. The country’s chief driving examiner will explain to delegates at the 2017 Young...
15 February 2017 – PACTS is holding a major conference, supported by Highways England, to explore how road traffic collision...
21 November 2016 – Story from Road Safety GB. Police forces across the UK participated in a crackdown on illegal mobile phone use...
7 November 2017 – In April 2017, the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency published a five year plan to make the UK's roads safer....
31 January 2018 – The Australasian College of Road Safety (ACRS) & Austroads, and co-Chair organisations ARRB and Transport &...
17 January 2018 – A new one-day Older Road User Conference is to be held at the RAC Club, Pall Mall, on the 19th September...