The Future of Road Safety Conference
The Future of Road Safety Conference 2014 will take place on Wednesday 10th December in Salford, Greater Manchester. It will give those present the opportunity to discuss and debate the latest strategies and initiatives for improving road safety across the UK. Delegates will examine key plans for road safety and will hear a number of different perspectives and best practice case studies as to how this can be achieved. Speakers include:
- David G Davies - Executive Director, PACTS
- Dr. Jon Lamonte - Chief Executive, GMPT
- Emeritus Professor Stephen Stradling - Transport Research Institute, Edinburgh Napier University
- Cllr Liam Robinson - Chair, Merseytravel Committee
- Prof Richard Allsop - Emeritus Professor Transport Studies, Centre for Transport Studies, University College London:
Key points to be discussed include:
- The Government’s vision for improving road safety in the UK
- Creating a safer road network across the UK
- Ensuring road users are able to use the roads safely and efficiently
- Improving safety for motorcycle riders
- Delivering a multi-agency approach to improving local road safety standards
- Working in partnership with local authorities, police and schools to increase the standard of local road safety through education and awareness
- Engaging the community to ensure road safety initiatives meet local requirements
- Successfully reducing road casualties across local authorities
- Allocating resources in an efficient and effective manner to best suit local needs and deliver results
- Tackling drink and drug driving and other dangerous behaviours
- Enhancing the standard of road safety in urban areas
- Advancing road safety through systems and technology
- Improving the road safety behaviours of the UK’s young drivers
- Striving for improvements in occupational road safety management
- Promoting the exchange of information on new initiatives and best practice across the public sector
For further information please click here.
Related news, events and information
25 October 2014 – The Future of Road Safety Conference 2014 will give those present the opportunity to discuss and debate the...
9 May 2015 – The Future of Road Safety Conference 2015 will give those present the opportunity to improve their...
28 April 2015 – Royal Patron: His Royal Highness Prince Michael of Kent KCVO Official website Vice Patron: Nigel...
7 November 2018 – Chulalongkorn University and iRAP have signed a Centre of Excellence agreement today, which will support the...
27 January 2016 – The Monash University Accident Research Centre (MUARC) and the Transport Accident Commission (TAC) invite you...
19 February 2021 – The second UN Decade of Action for Road Safety launched this year with an aim to reduce road deaths by 50%...
19 June 2015 – The aim of the seminar was to encourage local companies and organisations to adopt and renew their policies on...
16 October 2018 – The European Transport Safety Council (ETSC) has announced the 2018 winners of the PRAISE awards, in...
6 June 2016 – 'Beyond Best Practice in Road Safety thinking - seeking a culture change', is one of a series of 'essential...