Road Safety and Society: Involving Stakeholders in Road Safety Programmes 19 November
Online Event - 19 November 2020 - 10.00 - 12.00 CET
This event is organised by ETSC and DVR with the support of the German Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure in connection with the German Presidency of the Council of the EU.
National experts from Germany will share their experience with international and private sector experts on how to involve stakeholders in road safety programmes.
Following welcome addresses from:
- Dr. Tamara Zieschang, State Secretary at the Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI)
- Prof. Dr. Walter Eichendorf (DVR)
- Prof. Herman de Croo (ETSC)
- Toyota Motor Europe
There will be presentations on:
- Involving road safety stakeholders in EU policy: Matthew Baldwin, European Coordinator for Road Safety, European Commission;
- Germany’s new road safety strategy: Kai Assing, Assistant Head of Division RV2 Road Safety, Federal Ministry of Transport and Digital Infrastructure (BMVI);
- The DVR and its role and experience in involving different actors in road safety activities: Prof. Dr. Walter Eichendorf.
- The presentations will be followed by a panel discussion. The panel will include short interventions on:
- Effective road safety strategies: findings from the PIN project, Antonio Avenoso, ETSC;
- Involving stakeholders in road safety strategies – Ulrich Malburg, Head of Unit, Ministry of Transport, State of North Rhine Westphalia;
- Stakeholder engagement in Ireland’s road safety strategy, Michael Rowland, Road Safety Authority, Ireland;
- Involving stakeholders in road safety strategies – the view of the private sector, Dr. Thomas Linz, Head of HSE Bayer AG Berlin.
To register for this event and to download the latest agenda, click here.
This event will use the Zoom Webinar platform. Interpretation will be available in German and English.
Related news, events and information
26 October 2020 – This event is organised by ETSC and DVR with the support of the German Federal Ministry of Transport and...
23 July 2018 – The European Transport Safety Council is delighted to invite you to the final YEARS Conference in Brussels on...
9 May 2012 – The European Union is home to many of the best performing countries when it comes to road safety and it is also...
17 December 2018 – Story from the ETSC. Industry and transport ministers from the 28 EU Member States have set out their official...
1 June 2020 – Source: Road Safety GB. Road safety professionals are being invited to register for the 2020 European Road...
14 January 2019 – Story from the ETSC. New EU rules covering road infrastructure safety and minimum vehicle safety standards...
6 September 2011 – Preventing Road Accidents and Injuries for the Safety of Employees(PRAISE) aims to increase road safety in the...
25 October 2014 – The Future of Road Safety Conference 2014 will give those present the opportunity to discuss and debate the...
29 November 2018 – Story from ETSC. The European Transport Safety Council (ETSC) has warmly welcomed the endorsement by EU...