The International Road Assessment Programme: 2019 achievements
Across 102 countries, the International Road Assessment Programme and its partners have Star Rated over 1 million kilometres of roads, trained nearly 22,000 engineers and influenced over US$75 billion of safer road investment, in our vision for a world free of high risk roads.
Watch iRAP's video that highlights its 2019 achievements and successes across the world.
iRAP was a Prince Michael International Road Safety Award winner in 2014.
Its 2019 highlights include:
- Slovenia: Prince Michael International Road Safety Awards Ceremony (Celebrating AMZS and other winners)
- Iran: Road Safety Pioneers improve school zones in Iran using SR4S tool.
- Brazil: DNIT and iRAP Launch BrazilRAP Programme to Address Road Safety
- Asia: RAP collaboration in Asian Countries continues to save lives
- Malaysia: MyRAP Programme Launches
- Global Advocacy: 26th PIARC Congress Event Summary
- Europe: Lina Konstantinopoulou appointed as Secretary General of EuroRAP
- Samoa: Reaching our 100th Country
- India: World Bank and Government Success
- Colombia: Government commits to advancing road safety using iRAP tools
- United Kingdom: How safe are you on Britain's main road network? A Road Safety Foundation report 2019
- Mexico: Implementation of iRAP countermeasures a priority for the Mexican Government
- Europe: RADAR updates - First milestones and progress in the EU project
- Botswana: Star Rating for Schools helping to improve child pedestrian safety in Botswana
- Global: Launch of the Star Rating for Schools - Global Pilot Studies and Road Map to 2020 Report
- Europe: Bid awarded for Project SLAIN - Supporting Network Wide Road Assessment
- China: Yangpu District Transport Commission achieves a 5 Star Rating for bicyclists and pedestrians
- Australia: Federal Budget delivers an "investment injection" for new transport infrastructure
- Global: It's Time to #SpeakUp - 5th United Nations Global Road Safety Week
Training and accreditation highlights:
- 22,000 people now trained globally since 2008;
- On-line training courses now available for all new partners;
- Accreditation scheme in place to ensure high quality assessments worldwide;
- 112 training courses delivered across the world in 2019;
- See our Building Capacity section on website for more details on becoming trained and accredited;
- Attend its free webinar on the Bloomberg / GRSF results from 10 cities and 5 countries.
For full details of all the above and the latest news from iRAP please click here.
Related news, events and information
iRAP receives Prince Michael Award for work saving lives in 100 countries
10 December 2020 – iRAP is proud and honoured to be awarded a 2020 Prince Michael International Road Safety Award for its...
Latest iRAP metrics chart global growth in safer roads, innovation, investment and learning
9 August 2021 – The latest metrics as at 30 June chart growth in safer roads activities and investments across the world along...
iRAP and 3M Announce Partnership to Improve Safety for School Children Around the World
9 June 2020 – The International Road Assessment Programme (iRAP) and 3M announced today that 3M has become a Global Programme...
iRAP reaches a milestone: saving lives in 100 countries
24 July 2019 – Story from iRAP. iRAP is celebrating reaching a milestone 100 countries. The charity and all of its partners...
YOURS 'Youth Stars' programme in collaboration with iRAP and FedEx
6 August 2019 – YOURS has teamed up with the International Road Assessment Programme (iRAP) to create a new 'Youth Stars'...
Star Rating for Schools Global App
1 September 2017 – iRAP Star Rating for Schools Global App is the first ever systematic evidence-based approach for analysing the...
Star Rating for Schools global app
14 November 2017 – Global interest is growing in safer journeys to school with the pilot of the Star Rating for Schools (SR4S)...
Evaluating progress to reach global 3 star level for new roads
2 March 2022 – The World Bank Global Road Safety Facility (GRSF) and International Road Assessment Programme (iRAP) have...
Safe Journeys to School
27 June 2022 – Wednesday, July 6, 2022 Fatal road accidents happen daily all around the world. Often taking place near...