The International Road Assessment Programme: 2019 achievements
Across 102 countries, the International Road Assessment Programme and its partners have Star Rated over 1 million kilometres of roads, trained nearly 22,000 engineers and influenced over US$75 billion of safer road investment, in our vision for a world free of high risk roads.
Watch iRAP's video that highlights its 2019 achievements and successes across the world.
iRAP was a Prince Michael International Road Safety Award winner in 2014.
Its 2019 highlights include:
- Slovenia: Prince Michael International Road Safety Awards Ceremony (Celebrating AMZS and other winners)
- Iran: Road Safety Pioneers improve school zones in Iran using SR4S tool.
- Brazil: DNIT and iRAP Launch BrazilRAP Programme to Address Road Safety
- Asia: RAP collaboration in Asian Countries continues to save lives
- Malaysia: MyRAP Programme Launches
- Global Advocacy: 26th PIARC Congress Event Summary
- Europe: Lina Konstantinopoulou appointed as Secretary General of EuroRAP
- Samoa: Reaching our 100th Country
- India: World Bank and Government Success
- Colombia: Government commits to advancing road safety using iRAP tools
- United Kingdom: How safe are you on Britain's main road network? A Road Safety Foundation report 2019
- Mexico: Implementation of iRAP countermeasures a priority for the Mexican Government
- Europe: RADAR updates - First milestones and progress in the EU project
- Botswana: Star Rating for Schools helping to improve child pedestrian safety in Botswana
- Global: Launch of the Star Rating for Schools - Global Pilot Studies and Road Map to 2020 Report
- Europe: Bid awarded for Project SLAIN - Supporting Network Wide Road Assessment
- China: Yangpu District Transport Commission achieves a 5 Star Rating for bicyclists and pedestrians
- Australia: Federal Budget delivers an "investment injection" for new transport infrastructure
- Global: It's Time to #SpeakUp - 5th United Nations Global Road Safety Week
Training and accreditation highlights:
- 22,000 people now trained globally since 2008;
- On-line training courses now available for all new partners;
- Accreditation scheme in place to ensure high quality assessments worldwide;
- 112 training courses delivered across the world in 2019;
- See our Building Capacity section on website for more details on becoming trained and accredited;
- Attend its free webinar on the Bloomberg / GRSF results from 10 cities and 5 countries.
For full details of all the above and the latest news from iRAP please click here.
Related news, events and information
24 July 2019 – Story from iRAP. iRAP is celebrating reaching a milestone 100 countries. The charity and all of its partners...
9 June 2020 – The International Road Assessment Programme (iRAP) and 3M announced today that 3M has become a Global Programme...
6 August 2019 – YOURS has teamed up with the International Road Assessment Programme (iRAP) to create a new 'Youth Stars'...
10 July 2019 – This course will empower road safety practitioners to use the iRAP Star Rating for Designs (SR4D) web app to...
14 November 2017 – Global interest is growing in safer journeys to school with the pilot of the Star Rating for Schools (SR4S)...
18 April 2020 – Story by Caitlin Magee for the Innovation News Network. Road accidents cost Europe €280bn annually - the...
8 October 2020 – iRAP is proud to announce the release of the new iRAP Star Ratings of NACTO-GDCI's Global Street Design...
11 September 2020 – The International Road Federation and iRAP hosted a United Nations Road Safety Collaboration (UNRSC) webinar on...
30 October 2019 – iRAP, in association with the Malaysian Institute of Road Safety Research (MIROS), announced the launch of a...