The Future of Road Safety Conference
The Future of Road Safety Conference 2014 will take place on Wednesday 10th December in Salford, Greater Manchester. It will give those present the opportunity to discuss and debate the latest strategies and initiatives for improving road safety across the UK. Delegates will examine key plans for road safety and will hear a number of different perspectives and best practice case studies as to how this can be achieved. Speakers include:
- David G Davies - Executive Director, PACTS
- Dr. Jon Lamonte - Chief Executive, GMPT
- Emeritus Professor Stephen Stradling - Transport Research Institute, Edinburgh Napier University
- Cllr Liam Robinson - Chair, Merseytravel Committee
- Prof Richard Allsop - Emeritus Professor Transport Studies, Centre for Transport Studies, University College London:
Key points to be discussed include:
- The Government’s vision for improving road safety in the UK
- Creating a safer road network across the UK
- Ensuring road users are able to use the roads safely and efficiently
- Improving safety for motorcycle riders
- Delivering a multi-agency approach to improving local road safety standards
- Working in partnership with local authorities, police and schools to increase the standard of local road safety through education and awareness
- Engaging the community to ensure road safety initiatives meet local requirements
- Successfully reducing road casualties across local authorities
- Allocating resources in an efficient and effective manner to best suit local needs and deliver results
- Tackling drink and drug driving and other dangerous behaviours
- Enhancing the standard of road safety in urban areas
- Advancing road safety through systems and technology
- Improving the road safety behaviours of the UK’s young drivers
- Striving for improvements in occupational road safety management
- Promoting the exchange of information on new initiatives and best practice across the public sector
For further information please click here.
Related news, events and information
17 October 2018 – The European Transport Safety Council (ETSC) has announced the 2018 winners of the PRAISE awards, in...
30 November 2018 – This course has been developed by EASST in partnership with Cranfield University and IRU Academy. It will be...
24 April 2018 – Brake, the road safety charity, has confirmed the speaker line-up for its acclaimed Fleet Safety Conference...
27 November 2018 – Organised by Road Safety GB in partnership with Agilysis, the fourth edition of 'Joining the Dots' will take...
19 April 2018 – The European Transport Safety Council (ETSC), together with MiX Telematics, are organising a seminar on...
7 November 2018 – Chulalongkorn University and iRAP have signed a Centre of Excellence agreement today, which will support the...
22 August 2017 – Fast progress has been made by the Road Safety Foundation (RSF), working in partnership with local authorities,...
7 November 2017 – In April 2017, the Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency published a five year plan to make the UK's roads safer....
26 June 2018 – The 10th edition of the National Conference will take place at The Grand in Brighton on 27th - 28th November...