The Future of Road Safety Conference
The Future of Road Safety Conference 2014 will take place on Wednesday 10th December in Salford, Greater Manchester. It will give those present the opportunity to discuss and debate the latest strategies and initiatives for improving road safety across the UK. Delegates will examine key plans for road safety and will hear a number of different perspectives and best practice case studies as to how this can be achieved. Speakers include:
- David G Davies - Executive Director, PACTS
- Dr. Jon Lamonte - Chief Executive, GMPT
- Emeritus Professor Stephen Stradling - Transport Research Institute, Edinburgh Napier University
- Cllr Liam Robinson - Chair, Merseytravel Committee
- Prof Richard Allsop - Emeritus Professor Transport Studies, Centre for Transport Studies, University College London:
Key points to be discussed include:
- The Government’s vision for improving road safety in the UK
- Creating a safer road network across the UK
- Ensuring road users are able to use the roads safely and efficiently
- Improving safety for motorcycle riders
- Delivering a multi-agency approach to improving local road safety standards
- Working in partnership with local authorities, police and schools to increase the standard of local road safety through education and awareness
- Engaging the community to ensure road safety initiatives meet local requirements
- Successfully reducing road casualties across local authorities
- Allocating resources in an efficient and effective manner to best suit local needs and deliver results
- Tackling drink and drug driving and other dangerous behaviours
- Enhancing the standard of road safety in urban areas
- Advancing road safety through systems and technology
- Improving the road safety behaviours of the UK’s young drivers
- Striving for improvements in occupational road safety management
- Promoting the exchange of information on new initiatives and best practice across the public sector
For further information please click here.
Related news, events and information
27 January 2016 – The Monash University Accident Research Centre (MUARC) and the Transport Accident Commission (TAC) invite you...
6 June 2016 – 'Beyond Best Practice in Road Safety thinking - seeking a culture change', is one of a series of 'essential...
20 July 2016 – The ICTTP2016 programme offers a large choice of presentations from academia, government and industry on road...
19 December 2016 – For nearly thirty years HRH Prince Michael of Kent has played a leading role in supporting improved road safety...
16 January 2017 – The British Government has allocated £1.2 billion worth of road funding to councils to improve safety and cut...
27 July 2016 – Aimed at professionals dealing with road safety issues, the five-day 2016 European Road Safety Summer School is...
29 July 2016 – Aimed at professionals dealing with road safety issues, the five-day 2016 European Road Safety Summer School is...
31 October 2017 – Story from Road Safety GB. Young Driver Focus 2018 is once again being staged at the Royal Automobile Club in...
22 August 2017 – Fast progress has been made by the Road Safety Foundation (RSF), working in partnership with local authorities,...