The future of road safety conference
The Future of Road Safety Conference 2015 will give those present the opportunity to improve their understanding of the Safe System and learn from experts who have been involved in its implementation to see just what could be achieved when introduced at local and national level.
The Safe System represents a fundamental shift in policy as its ultimate goal is to prevent any road user being killed or seriously injured despite the many errors of judgement resulting in crashes. Although this is a very long term objective it transforms the level of ambition; the Safe System approach opens up new potential for improving performance by addressing all elements of the road transport system together, finding synergies for trauma reduction when safer road and vehicle design, speed limits and compliance with road rules are pursued in concert.
Planned speakers are to incude:
- David G Davies Executive Director, PACTS
- Emeritus Professor Stephen Stradling Transport Research Institute, Edinburgh Napier University
- Stuart Lovatt Safety Action Plan Coordinator, Highways Agency
- Dr Tom Fisher Senior Research and Communications OfficerBrake, the road safety charity
- Honor Byford Road Safety GB, Chair
- Prof Richard Allsop Emeritus Professor Transport Studies, Centre for Transport Studies, University College London
To register please click here.
Related news, events and information
24 May 2018 – Speaking at the Opening Plenary: Safe and secure transport for the 21st century during the ITF summit HRH...
10 May 2018 – Story from the FIA Foundation. The new pedestrian safety plan in District 6 of the Vietnamese city will...