56th CIECA Congress 2024 - Call for Papers
The CIECA Congress 2024 intends to be a forum for all researchers, practitioners, and stakeholders interested in driver testing who develop their professional activities within CIECA member organizations, and other public and private institutions around road safety topics which is also a core principle of our mission.
Information is available on the submission of abstracts - Preparing drivers for smart mobility and road safety - and is open until1 November 2023.
The abstracts will be assessed according to the following criteria: relevance to the congress topic, importance to road safety improvement, quality, validity, originality, technical strength, and practical significance.
Abstracts on the following topics can be submitted:
- Vulnerable road users
- Distraction, inattention and fatigue and their impact on road safety
- Fit to Drive issues
- Novice Driver/Rider testing
- Novice Driver/Rider education
- Other Vehicle Users (Tractors, Quad Bikes, E-scooters, etc)
- Road Safety Education through all ages
- Road User Behaviour and Human Factors
- Road User Education for professional purposes
- 11 Heavy Vehicles (Trucks, Buses & Drivers)
- Road safety in developing countries
- Road safety and emerging technologies
- Smart driving in future cities
- Driver licencing systems and autonomous vehicles
- ADAS and driver education and testing
- The impact of autonomous vehicles in driver testing
- The impact of autonomous vehicles in driver education
- Developments in the theory test
- New perspectives on Hazard Perception
- Legislative framework and road safety
- Implementation of new information systems and the importance of customer service
- Driver Licencing Exchange and road safety
- Statistics and data collection for the improvement of driver testing
- Adapting driver testing to emerging technologies
Related news, events and information
27 September 2023 – CIECA intends to open the doors of its main annual event to all organizations around the globe interested in...
8 November 2017 – The 50th CIECA General Assembly and Congress ''Safe driving for life: changing attitude and behaviour through...
1 October 2010 – CIECA, the International Commission for Driver Testing Authorities, and the Authority for Transport in Malta...
7 April 2010 – 42nd International CIECA Congress Budapest, Hungary on Friday 4 June 2010. CIECA, founded in 1956, promotes...
15 March 2023 – The 55th CIECA General Assembly and Congress in Vienna (Austria) , is on 23 - 26 May 2023, hosted by our Member...
10 April 2018 – The 50th CIECA General Assembly and Congress will take place in Belfast, Northern Ireland, on Wednesday 30th...
13 March 2013 – Hosted by ASA (Association of Road Traffic Services) and ASTRA (Federal Roads Office), CIECA - the...
12 October 2012 – CIECA, the International Commission for Driver Testing Authorities, together with our two Swiss members, ASA...
8 October 2013 – CIECA, the International Commission for Driver Testing Authorities, together with our Irish member the Road...