Occupational Safety in Transport - Australia
Queensland University of Technology’s Centre for Accident Research and Road Safety -Queensland (CARRS-Q) is organising an international conference on Occupational Safety in Transport.
The OSIT Conference is a multi-disciplinary event featuring representatives from road and transport safety, aviation and watercraft, ?eets, safety culture and management, construction safety and associated ?elds, which we believe provides an excellent progression from and follow-up to the 2009 NIOSH Global Conference on Occupational Road Safety.
Themes for the OSIT event are planned to cover topics such as:
• Organisational Safety Culture and Management Systems
• Organisational and Industry Transport Risks
• Use of Technologies
• Interventions and Program Strategies and Evaluation
• Data-driven Interventions and Evaluations
Designed to encourage a strong program of both industry and academic presentations, keynote speakers are being drawn from around the globe.
According to Darren Wishart, Chair of the Occupational Safety in Transport Organising Committee the following types of people should attend:
• Fleet managers/coordinators
• Workplace health and safety officers
• Researchers and practitioners
• Policy and process developers
• Vehicle manufacturers
• Local and State government representatives
• Abstracts due – 13 February 2012
• Registrations Open – 5 March 2012
• Authors advised of abstract acceptance – 19 March 2012
• Early bird registration (and presenter) closes – 14 June 2012
• Standard registration closes – 7 September 2012
• 20-21 September 2012 – OSIT Conference, Crowne Plaza Gold Coast, Queensland Australia.
Abstracts are now being accepted for this conference and close 13 February 2012. Click here for more information, including modes of presentation, topics and submission guidelines,
Related news, events and information
10 November 2008 – The U.S. National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) and partners including the World Health...
21 July 2015 – It will be the inaugural Australasian Road Safety Conference (ARSC2015) to be held at the Gold Coast Convention...
27 April 2015 – It will be the inaugural Australasian Road Safety Conference (ARSC2015) to be held at the Gold Coast Convention...
26 June 2007 – Private companies meeting on road safety: WHO is organising a conference to strengthen the private sector's...
3 November 2015 – The forthcoming conference crash.tech will take place on April 19th - 20th, 2016 and its focal point will be...
21 June 2015 – Africa Road Safety 2015 will focus on some of the serious gaps in road safety in countries across the African...
17 February 2016 – The Australasian Road Safety Conference is the premier road safety conference for Australia, New Zealand and...
2 November 2015 – With a theme of 'UN Decade of Action For Road Safety: The Half-way Point', the conference will feature a strong...
16 February 2016 – The Australasian Road Safety Conference is the premier road safety conference for Australia, New Zealand and...