Festival of Road Safety.
Preparations for the Festival of Road Safety are gathering pace with more than 30 sessions already confirmed, including 16 presentations in a bumper Fringe programme.
Organised by Road Safety GB, the Festival of Road Safety replaces the 2020 National Road Safety Conference and will run throughout November.
There will be something happening on each of the 20 working days in November (between 2-27 Nov), and in total the organisers are planning between 40-45 Festival events – a mix of pre-recorded presentations and podcasts, and live debates, discussion groups and workshops.
The Festival will be aired free to view by all, though pre-registration will be required for some of the live sessions.
The confirmed topics to feature in the fringe programme are:
- Changing motorcyclists’ behaviour
- The inconvenient truth about mobile phone distraction
- Changing behaviour at pedestrian crossings
- Children and the roads
- Project EDWARD
- The National Young Rider Forum
- Speed enforcement
- The Road Collision Investigation Project (RCIP)
- The London Road Safety Council President’s Challenge
- Joint Strategic Needs Assessments (JSNAs)
- Large scale road assessment programs
- Real Time Air Quality Monitoring
- 2021 FirstCar Young Driver Road Safety Awards
- Identifying and promoting active travel solutions
- The Engage Novice Driver Initiative
- The Pathfinder pre-licence driver development programme
Source: Road Safety GB.
Related news, events and information
29 November 2021 – The programme for the Festival of Road Safety comprised an exciting mix of pre-recorded and live content,...
21 September 2020 – Organised by Road Safety GB, the Festival of Road Safety replaces the 2020 National Road Safety Conference and...
27 January 2021 – Road Safety GB has unveiled plans for an online event focusing on the issue of PTW rider safety. The online...
23 June 2015 – Around 180 people have already registered to attend this event and 13 companies (plus four sponsors) have...
14 November 2020 – The programme for the Festival of Road Safety comprises an exciting mix of pre-recorded keynote presentations,...
16 November 2020 – Story from Road Safety GB. Road safety professionals involved in the production of pre-driver theatre and...
25 September 2015 – The event is being hosted by Road Safety GB East Midlands Region and will be held at The East Midlands...
24 February 2021 – News from Road Safety GB. A number of presentations being delivered as part of Road Safety GB's upcoming...
29 October 2018 – Story from Road Safety GB. The first two speakers have been confirmed for the 2019 edition of Young Driver...